Nebraska Land Link provides opportunities to connect land seekers with retiring landowners.
Land access is one of the biggest challenges facing aspiring and beginning farmers. For some landowners, they simply do not have the next generation available to take over their operation.
When you apply to Nebraska Land Link, either as a land seeker or a landowner, Nebraska Extension personnel will work to match your application with the most compatible counterpart. Using the answers you submit and offer in a potential interview, Nebraska Land Link matches are based on the shared values, interests and skills of both parties, so that a mutually beneficial and satisfying partnership can be forged over the course of the transition plan.
Before and throughout the process, we work to provide important educational information regarding transfers, communication, negotiations, goal setting and more. And we are here to answer any questions you might have.
Nebraska Land Link is a project of Nebraska Extension's Farm and Ranch Succession and Transition program and Nebraska Women in Agriculture.
Land Link Webinars for Land Seekers
A series of monthly webinars will be held for interested land seekers through the Nebraska Land Link program, covering topics important to the transition process. Check out our webinar page for an always-updated schedule of all CAP webinars.
- Oct. 28: Family and Business Relationships (Recording)
- Nov. 16: Building a Financial Future (Recording)
- Dec. 16 Basic Ag Leasing Decisions for 2022 (Recording)
- Jan. 6 Finding A Trusted Tax Advisor (Recording)
- Jan. 27 Developing Your Business Plan with AgPlan (Recording)
- Feb. 17 Getting Your Start on the Farm or Ranch with USDA Farm Service Agency (Recording)
- March 10 Ag Succession Planning: Current Thoughts and Lessons Learned (Recording)
- March 31 You CAN Stress-Less: Tips and Strategies for Success (Recording)
How to Apply
Nebraska Extension Farm and Ranch Succession
Educational resources for estate and succession planning, land transition and more.More
This Nebraska Department of Agriculture program utilizes the Beginning Farmer Tax Credit Act to help new producers get a head start in farming and ranching, while giving back to the farmers and ranchers who own agricultural assets.More
Media and advertising resources including press releases, graphics, logos and brochures.More