With: Austin Duerfeldt, southeast regional agricultural economist, Nebraska Extension.
The webinar is a refresher for those new to or wising to brush up on ag exemptions from state sales tax. It will cover the regulations set forth in 2014 legislation, many providing perspective from the side of the consumer farmer/rancher. Agricultural exemptions, auctions and occasional sales will be covered.
This is the third in a monthly series of webinars geared toward helping agricultural producers better understand their finances.
From the Nebraska Department of Revenue. As mentioned in the webinar.
- Chapter 1: Sales and Use Tax Regulations
- Agricultural Exemption Informational Guide 6-368
- ATV Sales Tax Form and Rules
- Sales Tax Exemption Form 13
- Sales Tax Frequently Asked Questions on Services
- Occasional Sale Rules
- Individual Use Tax Rules
- Sales Tax Refund — Agricultural
- Sales Tax Refund — General
- County Treasurer Titling Manual (Nebraska DMV)
- County Treasurer Registration Manual (Nebraska DMV)
Further discussion from a question asked during the webinar:
- The question of hauling scrape iron was asked during the presentation. While the initial answer of contacting the Department of Revenue for clarification is still the recommended solution there are some additional pieces I want to add. Reviewing the frequently asked question on services web link may be beneficial. Depending on your particular business it may also be necessary to review rules with contract carriers. Informational guide 6-352 may also be a helpful document.
Nebraska Department of Revenue phone numbers:
Questions? Email Austin Duerfeldt at email@example.com.