Returning to the Farm Workshop
Dec. 10-11, 2021
- $50 per person
- Dec. 10, 1:30-8 p.m.
- Dec. 11, 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Includes follow-up meetings Jan. 13 and Feb. 10
- Ramada Inn, Columbus, Neb. (Reservations not included)
Returning to the Farm, Dec. 10 and 11 in Columbus, is for families who are in the transition process of bringing more family members back to the farm. This event will give families the tools and resources to have a successful transition with more family joining the operation.
Bringing a young person into a farm/ranch operation presents challenges. However, the business operation can accomplish numerous goals by:
- Helping the young person get a solid start in the operation
- Keeping the farm or ranch in the family
- Ensuring a comfortable retirement for all
However, success does not come automatically. It requires effort. Blending a variety of talents and personalities into one farming or ranching operation takes planning, communication, and effective management.
The Returning to the Farm program is designed to assist families and operations in developing a financial plan and successful working arrangements that will meet the needs of multiple families.
During the program, participants will:
- Review financial feasibility and financial tools for success
- Identify estate planning issues and develop effective strategies for planning the future
- Develop a farm or ranch transition plan
- Set both personal and professional goals
- Look at the communication process between family members
Students, beginning farmers and established operations — including entire families — are welcome.
The workshop fee is $50 per person. That includes dinner on Dec. 10 and lunch on Dec. 11. It also includes two follow-up meetings, to be held virtually, in the evenings on Jan. 13 and Feb. 10.
The Ramada Inn and Conference Center is located at 265 33rd Ave., in Columbus, Neb. Registration does not include reservations at the hotel. To book on your own, their number is 402-835-4350.Register